Trekking Nepal

Thursday, March 9, 2006
Another great travel article buy MountainZone.com. Last week they had that article about climbing in Ecuador which I wrote about, and this week they have this great little article about trekking in Nepal. More specifically, trekking in the Kangchenjunga Glacier region, which sounds like an incredible experience.

Trekking in Nepal is one of my dream trips. Exploring the vast mountain area, hiking up to high altitudes, visiting remote villages, and interacting with the wonderful Nepalese people all sounds incredible to me. I'm not sure I have it in me to climb Everest, although I'd like to. It's just such an expensive endeavor and it takes a huge chunk of time, where as a trip like this can be done much more cheaply, and on a shorter time schedule. Sign me up. I'm ready to go tomorrow.