Terri Schneider Blog Update

Thursday, June 1, 2006
Terry Schneider has updated her blog from the Gobi March again today, and it sounds like she's having the best time and worst time of her life. The scenery sounds amazing, and the trail through the Gobi seems challenging and rewarding, but she's also had a bout of intestinal discomfort that sounds pretty bad. I can't imainge trying to run like that while she's so sick, but hopefully a good nights rest will put her back on the mend for tomorrow, which is another 50km day.

I had a bout of "intestinal discomfort" similar to this a few years ago while visiting Egypt. We dubbed it the Curse of the Pharaohs, and lets just say it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Don't get me wrong, Egypt is an amazing place, and I loved every minute of my time there, but a word of warning. If you plan to go, don't eat at the Cairo Sheraton. You'll wish death would come for you. ;)