Mountain Biking in Ecuador

Tuesday, April 11, 2006
A few months back Mountainzone.com brought us a story about peak bagging in Ecuador, a little known gem for adventure travelers. Now, they bring us this story about mountain biking in the Andes Mountains of Ecuador as well. The goal of the trip was to navigate through the Valley of the Volcanoes, and judging from the article, I'd say they found plenty to see and do along the way. Sounds like a great trip!

This article comes just as I'm getting back into riding my mountain bike. Spring is here, and along with it comes longer days, which means more time to get on the bike and hit the trail. On top of that, I'm having a hard time running at the moment as I recover from shin splints, so a story like this one really gets me thinking about taking my bike some place challenging and fun for some great rides.